[Rhodes22-list] Energy, Farming, High School Geopolitics

Tatflies at cs.com Tatflies at cs.com
Sun Jul 9 17:49:55 EDT 2006

Wally,

Although I sometimes hate to admit it, I am elected official (small town park
district president)! I could not agree more that we need to impress upon our
elected officials to put more thought and effort into a more strategic energy
policy. The reliance on foriegn oil has put our resources at risk for a long
time.

It is high time that we seriously study and develop more solar and wind
energy sources. An increase in their efficiency is inevitable once a commitment is
made. Also mor ethanol or soy based fuels. We would not need the Persian Gulf
region nor Russia for crude oil if we replaced the amount of oil needed from
abroad. This idea has never seemed that far fetched to me. However here we are
debating the same issues as 30 years ago!

Tom Trenkle