[Rhodes22-list] Boom Rigging

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Jul 10 08:52:31 EDT 2006

I just got Stan's new battened main and the boom with the cleat on the
bottom.  The sliding block on top of the boom has a tang on the front.
The aft end of the boom has a fitting with 2 holes.  I can see roughly
20 different ways to rig it.  Bruce has the boom with the cleat, but his
sliding block doesn't have a tang.  It seems to me that one could rig
the sail to the tang, and a line from the aft fitting around the sliding
block, and back down the hole where it could be pulled to move the IMF
sail out.  Has anyone rigged it this way?  Does it work?  Is it better
than the more traditional double lines from the sail, both under the
sliding block, one end to the aft boom fitting and the other end down
through the mast?

Bill Effros