[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Technique Question

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Jul 10 09:09:44 EDT 2006

Thank you Saroj, but for me Stan is the master sailor, and I am just a
grasshopper.  I strive to be able to one day sail with half the calm and
grace he displays every time I've ever seen him on the water.

Stan is neither book nor instructor taught.  He just loves to be on the
water, and he has built a very special, highly non-traditional boat
that, with practice, will allow ordinary people like us to achieve
remarkable feats on the water.

The boat is so safe and stable, once you learn how to use it, that you
can try things no one would even consider trying on other boats.  Stan
frequently points out things that are possible on his boat.  I often try
them because I want to be able to sail more like Stan.  If I can make
them work, I pass them along on this list just as others do.

Keep trying things, and let us know what works.  I'll do the same.

Bill Effros