[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Technique Question

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 14:52:37 EDT 2006

Herb,

Thanks, makes sense to me.  This thread has been very helpful, I had a
completely different (and wrong) idea of what Stan and others were talking about
when I initially posted.  I really appreciate the info.

One of the remaining glitches I see, though, is that I typically tack from
one heading to another, where the “another” heading is generally where I want
to  go or feel I have to go because of wind, obstacles, or navigation.  I know
 the second heading when I get to it rather than plan for a 60 degree (for
example) tack.  If I’m deciding to re-sheet via the mast/inners, or within  the
inner/outer shrouds,  I’m explicitly constraining my heading when I  come out
of the tack - which is a long winded way of saying I feel my way  through a
tack now, but with re-sheeting I’m going to have to plan ahead.   That’s going
to be a challenge - maybe that’s where experience kicks in.

Dave