[Rhodes22-list] Heaving and Hauling

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Jul 10 18:14:32 EDT 2006

Mark and Dave:
      Both you guys are having these great discussions when both of you
obviously need time under sail.  Cut the bullshit and go sailing...
      The end of September is time to discuss hauling...
       Mark, use the furling control line to reduce sail instead of all the
heaving up...
       Dave, windward, lazy, slack that means that line is not currently in
use... you can move it thru different paths.   I have the old configuration
with inside tracks.  I can even change the inside pivot point which in turn
can change the shape of the sail.  Keep in mind that you can even sheet
inside the inside stays...
        Maybe both you guys need to be like Wally and be wifi getting
personal instuction while under sail, or even better buy a bottle of Mt. Gay
rum and get some lessons from Rummy.
        Mark, if you really read up in the archives, then maybe you could
write up a dissertation on the subjects contained therein and get Will to
post them in the document file.
        All this technical stuff may have scared off those new guys asking
questions.  What ever happened to Kathy and John.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA