[Rhodes22-list]Rik & Sandy

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 19:47:49 EDT 2006

To All,

Hi guys, I'm afraid the news is true. Sandy suffered quite a severe
stroke about 11:30 pm, Monday,  July 3. Fortunately, I was there with
her and we had not gone to bed for the night yet, so I was able to get
her to the hospital before the darn thing actually could kill her.

But, she is, as of yesterday, still unable to speak or use her right arm
and leg. We got her into the Sister Kenny institute on Tuesday. These
folks are supposed to be the best rehab outfit in the country, so we are
hopeful that they will get her back up and running again. She has made a
ton of progress so far, but she still has a long way to go before she'll
be anywhere near normal again.

I had to come up home to take care of some business, so I can't tell you
what may have happened today, but I hope I missed a lot. I'll be back
down there again tomorrow afternoon I hope. I'll post her address incase
anyone might want to send a card or a letter or something. It's:

Sister Kenny Institute
Mail Route 12205
800 East 28th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Sandy Johnson, Station 23, Room 2304

To those of you who have posted so far, thanks so much for the kind
words and thoughts. I may not be around a lot for a while, pretty busy
trying to be the head coach and all, you know.

Oh and the Steve who posted on the TSBB isn't the Steve we know here.
That's my good friend Steve from Kentucky. Actually, he knows Anne too.

Take good care all of you and get that cholesterol checked!

Rik