[Rhodes22-list] Political: How California liberals treat a war hero

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 09:11:27 EDT 2006

Wally,

What they did is no worse than universities kicking ROTC off campus and not
allowing military recruiters to visit.  I think any school that doesn't
allow the military on campus shouldn't be allowed to recieve a dime of
Federal monies.

Speaking of military IDs, I still have mine from the Gulf War (we flew stuff
to the desert).  As soon as the shooting started we were told not to carry
them so we wouldn't be confused as military.  Huh?  Anyway, it came in handy
when I lived in Middle Tennessee.  The only way to get a beer on Sunday near
Center Hill Lake was at the AmVets or VFW.  They'd ask if I was a member and
I'd flash my ID, clearly marked 'civilian'.  Worked every time!

Brad