[Rhodes22-list] New to the list

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Jul 19 12:51:22 EDT 2006

Jason,

Welcome to the list.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Weils" <jason_weils at yahoo.com>

> Hi,
>
>   New to the list and trying out the email system.
>
>   I am interested in buying a Rhodes 22, so I am learning what I can from
you R-22 owners. Also looks >   like they hold their value pretty well. Is
that true?

I like to think that R-22 owners hold their value pretty well (really not
sure about the older R-22s.)

>   I understand they are a reliable boat with plenty of support and
networking from other owners. From what I see on this list that is true.

Very reliable boat (mine is from '81) - very forgiving in nearly all
circumstances as you have no doubt read about.  Loads of fun whether you are
out for the day or cruising.  The trailerability permits you to try out
several lakes with ease.  When I first started sailing the R-22, 25 yrs ago,
I was poud to be able to go from getting the trailer wet to sailing in about
30 minutes, with a 3 person crew (2 person mast stepping - no crane, 1
person parking the car & trailer).  Lots of fast pins and a crew that did it
twice a week, just to go sailing after work.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer