[Rhodes22-list] Political: How California liberals treat a warhero

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Jul 19 22:36:15 EDT 2006

3drecon wrote:

> Brad and Wally,
>     And then there was the US Marine who completed his Recruit Training
> prior to his High School graduation so he could wear his uniform to the
> ceremony, but the principal forbade him that honor.  That was a flap a few
> months ago.

Some commentary (from California):

http://rightwingstuff.net/archives/000134.html
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20050526/ai_n14651493
http://www.arguscourier.com/news/news/marinegrad050601.html
http://www.sgtstryker.com/index.php/archives/graduation-controversy-at-petaluma-high/

"The high school graduation is the high school's graduation,"
said Gunnery Sgt. Shane Maria.

As for me, I can share the young Marine's shock when he found
that he could not wear his blues to graduation.  When I was a
high school junior in 1958, one senior graduated in his army
uniform.  No big deal then, but that was in Lancaster County,
PA - a pretty conservative (back then it had a different meaning)
community.

http://www.katu.com/stories/76079.html
http://marinecorpsmoms.com/archives/2005/03/zero_tolerance.html
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/001931.htm

> These incidents are prolific in Liberal Land.  I am waiting for Bill to
> defend the behavior, or declare you aren't presenting the facts.

The facts stand as you tell them and are documented above,
Philip.  While I am proud to call myself a "liberal", I do
not hold with the disrespect or denigration of those who
have volunteered to put their lives on the line, have gone
through the Crucible and stand proud before us.

How about we all leave the Marines out of this?  They
stand apart from the dirty politics of our times.  They are
doing their jobs, loyally following the orders of the
Commander in Chief, as they are sworn to do.  Our beef, if
we have one (and I do), is with him.

Semper Fi,
Robert Skinner