[Rhodes22-list] Political: How California liberals treat a warhero

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Jul 19 22:02:49 EDT 2006

There's more than one incident, but here's one of them:

http://www.arguscourier.com/news/news/marinegrad050601.html

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> DCLewis1 at aol.com 7/19/2006 7:44:22 pm >>>

Philip,

How about sourcing your story?  You know, an explicit link so  that we can go
to the source of the story and evaluate it's credibility.

What I find a stretch is that for a young man to complete basic in any
service he has to commit 24/7 for at least 6 weeks, and that training is often
followed by additional 24/7 mandatory special training.  Which means  he's not
going to high school because he's tied up in the military.  So if  he's not
going to high school, how's he graduate with his class?

Your story might be true.  Maybe he was a year ahead of himself so  he took
his last semester off, and timed his completion of basic, and  leave, with
graduation - maybe, but not simple.  For this to work the  Marines have to take
him prior to grad - maybe, but not sure.  I think they  would ask him to
graduate from high school first, I believe there's a  recruiting premium on high
school graduates.

Also, your story presumes a high school that's hostile to the military,  but
my experience is that high schools are typically not  anti-military.  Some
colleges, universities, and grad schools are, but not  high schools.  Every high
school I've ever seen has tried to vector a good  number of their grads to the
military - because they think the youth will do  well in the military.  My
experience may be unique, but it makes me wonder  about your lead in statement
"And then there was.....".

There's a simple way to resolve the issue raised above for the benefit  of
the board, cite your credible source.  Give the board the link to  the story and
let us assess the credibility of the reporter and the story.   You may be
right, maybe it did happen once upon a time, but we won't know  until  you give
us a credible link.  That link is????

Moreover, the entire board will be interested to know how what may, or  may
not, have happened once somewhere can be construed as  "These  incidents are
prolific in Liberal Land".  The board awaits your reasoned  and factual
response, for example some statistics to support your claim,  together with the source
of those statistics might be appropriate.  We're  standing by.

Dave