[Rhodes22-list] Political: Reply to Dave about understanding whatis not ...

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 23:20:22 EDT 2006

Hank,

I understand "Reagan Democrats", what I don't understand is "liberal Reagan
Democrats".  There are many Democrats who could not/should not be called
liberal; I can easily see them being Reagan Democrats, and I'd bet   many were.
IMO, it's a great stretch to assume that any substantial  number of
died-in-the-wool, card carrying, raving,  ranting liberals (for example some liberal
Democrats) voted for Ronald  Reagan.  I think Reagan won because of the
conservative/moderate majority,  which is another way of saying the  liberals were in a
minority(not a majority, a minority) in the State of Ca,  I could be wrong.
If liberals were truly  a majority in Ca, as has  been claimed, I really doubt
Reagan would have won.

Dave