[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Scott with the Detached Furler

iweb86 at aol.com iweb86 at aol.com
Thu Jul 20 15:17:48 EDT 2006

Ed,

Thanks for the heads up with Stan, Having had the boat for six years, Stan has been very helpful with parts. Even with the older boats. He has supplied me with running rigging as well as other parts.

We had spoken before and just was not sure the length of the tube that I need to get. I am not sure if getting a used one from Stan is going to work for the logistics. A new one is not going to cost that much to build.

I have spoken to him a couple of times about the history of the boats as well.

I was writing the note at 12:30 am and was trying to kill two birds with one stone.

I would love for Stan to show at the Maine Boat Builders show. It is in my hometown and I hav worked the showmyself with a group called Maine Island Trail Association.

http://www.mita.org

However this show is unique in that mostly it is boats from around the area and a lot of wooden boats. There are not a lot of sailboats. It is not a large show yet does pull in large numbers of people who are in the spring fever for a boat. Including boaters from outside the area.

Scott