[Rhodes22-list] Scott and Detached Furlers

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 22:13:58 EDT 2006

sorry if this sounds ignorant but though i sail with a friend on his boat i dont yet have my own. i would like to help though. can you tell me what material that tube is made from? if its pvc you might be able to restore its straightness by heating it carefully with a heat gun while the tube is squeezed between two 2 x 4's with angle iron pieces tacked to their sides lenthwise. go slow!!! dont use too much heat. on the other hand new pieces of pvc can be joined and cut to 26 feet. let me know what you end up doing. where are you located? john b

Iweb86 at aol.com wrote:  As promised here are some shots of my roller furler.

Still not having much luck finding a 26 foot tube. I am starting to consider
going with a CDI.

I need to do something to get the boat going again.

Scott
Name: IMG_1045.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 248987 bytes Desc: not available