[Rhodes22-list] We're all Jews Now?

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Jul 24 10:43:52 EDT 2006

Brad Haslett (and Mark Steyn) wrote:

> "Meanwhile, Kofi Annan in a remarkable display of urgency (at least when
> compared with Sudan, Rwanda, Congo et al.) is proposing apropos Israel and
> Hezbollah that U.N. peacekeepers go in, not to keep the "peace" between two
> sovereign states but rather between a sovereign state and a usurper
> terrorist gang. Contemptible as he is, the secretary-general shows a shrewd
> understanding of the way the world is heading: Already "non-state actors"
> have more sophisticated rocketry than many EU nations; if Iran has its way,
> its proxies will be implied nuclear powers. Maybe we should put them on the
> U.N. Security Council.
>
> "So what is in reality Israel's first non-Arab war is a glimpse of the world
> the day after tomorrow: The EU and Arab League won't quite spell it out,
> but, to modify that Le Monde headline, they are all Jews now."

To this I would add:

As the terrorists find themselves well-entrenched in any location,
they seem to broaden their definition of enemy to include Islamic
sects other than their own bloody interpretation of the Prophet's
teachings.

So it is evident that the "War On Terrorism" is in reality a
religeous conflict; not just Jew against Arab, but rather secular
democratic nations against non-national dictatorial quasi-religeous
vandals.  Just as some in this country wrap their reactionary
agendas in religeous language, the terrorists justify pointless
destruction with Islamic rhetoric -- rhetoric that is only recently
being vocally disavowed by the majority if Islamic faithful around
the world.

Conclusion?

Iran is providing weapons to the terrorists.  Iran is building a
nuclear capability.  Iran's nuclear program must be stopped.  This
is imperative since the alternative is whackos with nukes.

And, to be effective in the long run, we need to recruit Islamic
nations as allies in doing this, if we can.  While Isreal is
entirely capable of stopping Iran's nuke program, unilateral
action here will be very expensive -- it will treat a symptom, not
a root cause.

/Robert Skinner