[Rhodes22-list] Furled sails at dock

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Jul 24 19:36:04 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I've been reading up on the in-mast furling system used in
conjunction with a jib furler for sail storage on the Rhodes.  I read
somewhere that there may be a concern for the rigging with all that
weight aloft for long periods in heavy winds, especially since the
mainsail weight is carried much higher on the mast than boom furling.

Do y'all have any thoughts on whether there may be increased wear or
other factors when all the sails are furled in this way?

Cheers!

John Lock

"If she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood!"