[Rhodes22-list] Semi-sailing question - public tranportationsuggestions for Long Island

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Jul 26 12:42:44 EDT 2006

Bill,

The ferry service is from Bridgeport, CT to Port Jefferson, NY
(www.bpjferry.com) not the Port Washington.  BTW, when on the LI Sound, look
out for the Port Jeff Ferry, he has already run over a sailboat, once.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer

From: "Bill Effros" <bill at effros.com>

> Julie,
>
> Find out when Elton will be in Sheepshead Bay, and have him pick you up
> at the airport.  He will soon have to pass Michael's house where he can
> drop you off.  Michael will take you to the Bridgeport to Port
> Washington Ferry.  There is a water taxi that will deliver you to your
> friend's boat.  If experience is any guide, the black car driver will
> take a similar route at a similar cost--its a real adventure either way.
>
> Bill Effros
>
> Julie Thorndycraft wrote:
> > Since Dan and I sold Blue Loon we have been relying on OPB (other
people's boats). We have an invitation to join friends who have been sailing
Rhode Island and NE for the summer. They anticipate being at Port Washington
on Long Island when we arrive at JFK on 8/4. They want to take us to Oyster
Bay for the weekend. Could anyone who is familiar with the public
transportation system on Long Island provide suggestions on the best method
of public transportation from JFK to Port Washington?