[Rhodes22-list] And now for something completely different - Power outages

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 12:25:41 EDT 2006

Brad,
Glad to see you on the list and not out flying a 727 today. :)
At a quart every six hours, a five gallon can of fuel would last quite a
long time. I generally keep four, five gallon cans of Kerosene on hand for power
outages during ice storms. We burn the kerosene only during the day, letting
the  fireplace keep the house warm at night.
A friend of mine lives in St Louis and he went without power for five days
in the heat and humidity. I think I could survive the cold a lot better than
the  heat and humidity. We are planning on moving into a new house in the not to
 distant future and have already decided that a LP gas fired Kohler (whole
house,  35 K/W) generator will be installed. I gotta have my DirecTV.

Rummy