[Rhodes22-list] Right-of-Way

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:31:31 EDT 2006

Bill,

This time of year there is no wind on Pickwick unless a front is coming
through. Sailing June through August is more like floating a rubber duck in
a hot tub.  My excuse is that I need to get the spider webs and wasp nest's
out of the sails. Last Spring I had my oldest son and some of his fraternity
brothers overnight on the boat and we ran the battery down listening to what
they call music.   We sailed back to the channel but short of tacking every
twenty feet, you can't sail to my dock.  We got a tow from a party barge
with a small block V8!  Why the hell would anyone want a motor that size on
a party barge?  Anyway, I told the guy it doesn't matter how big your unit
is or how strong the line, I've got 4000 pounds of lead in the keel and we
can go 7 knots at 2000 rpm or 8 knots at 6000 rpm.  We went 8 knots.

Brad