[Rhodes22-list] Re-learned how to read

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Thu Jul 27 16:22:58 EDT 2006

Howdy Fellow Rhodies,

Although I never unsubscribed, I've effectively been off list for many
months now.  I didn't give it much conscious thought, but I pretty much
disappeared at about the time I returned my boat to Edenton for a
post-hurricane overhaul.  I suppose I didn't want to hear about all the
sailing everyone else managed to do this summer.  I'm a petty and
jealous person, you know.

Anyway, I'm delighted to report that there's a light at the end of the
tunnel, and that I'll be back at the tiller during the beautiful weather
of fall.  I'm heading back to Edenton at the end of August, and planning
a re-christening on August 29.  This is an odd day to christen (a
Tuesday in the most miserable month of the year), but it marks the one
year anniversary of Katrina filling it with water, ripping off most of
the rigging, and leaving it upside down as a giant barnacle farm.

I'm tickled pink to be back, and I'm glad to see that as with any soap
opera, I am able to jump right back in and follow the story line as if I
had never been gone.

Ben
R22 Velvet Elvis