[Rhodes22-list] Stiff mainsail furler

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Jul 30 12:55:12 EDT 2006

Jim,
This is an easy fix. Over time, dirt and gunk accumulates on the bearing
surfaces. Simply spray a liberal amount of WD-40 over the bearing surface as you
have a crew member operate the furling mechanism. I use the long red
extension  to get inside the mast. Some will drip to the deck and you can either place
a  cloth on the deck or clean the dirty mess up after the fact. I do this
probably  twice a year. I'm always amazed at the difference it makes, especially
during  the furling process. I always wonder why it took me so long to do it
once I'm  done. :)

Rummy