[Rhodes22-list] sailing and lightning

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 11:41:50 EDT 2006

"When its your time its your time!"

We in the flying business decided its never the right time.  The final act
of a violent thunderstorm results in windshear.  Not good for jets or
sailboats.  Get a Garmin 396 with XM satellite moving map display and you'll
know what is coming your way.  Most of us at least look at yesterday's
newspaper's forecast, but if you didn't, current technology allows you to
stay informed on the cheap.

Brad

reference:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_shear