[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Tom about IMF and Laurie about IMF and List, etc.

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jun 1 06:23:15 EDT 2006

Tom,
      So Tom you have now discovered what they mean by 1988 Rhodes 22 by
Alumaweld.  It is not Stan's Imf but some imposters.  Who knows what else is
fake on that boat.  Good job in your detective work.  That makes it quite
expensive for a non Stan modified boat.

Laurie,
       Captain Rummy has told us that my old IMF sails are baggy, blown out.
In order to tighten the leach, I adjust the main sheets and in doing so
often adjust the boom.  We are not talking a big adjustments, but if you
bring in the main without leveling the boom, it does not roll in correctly
and you have to redo it.  So, yes the IMF can be adjusted slightly.  It do
make a difference.  Fine tuning sail settings often makes a difference
performance.
         This email list has been going on for many years.  Originally,
there was a rule about topics had to be about sailing.  Back then we so many
post saying, "Test" to see if the list was working that replying to the test
was termed a PITA.  So, Captain Meltzer started this list on his server and
the rest is what is going on.  There is supposed to be a rule that you
idenfiy the subject matter of your post in the subject line.   But, as you
see, that always does not happen.  To make matters worse, often the topics
change in the middle of post.  Captain Efros used to bring this problem up
often, but for the last year he has been quite.  You are more than welcome
to remind posters to correctly label subject matter.
          As you may have already read, Captain Rummy has given you a way to
improve your proficiency.  Specifically, practice, practice always perfect
practice...

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA
BTW - I do not recall a day with 164 posts, even during the last polical
barage.  Are you on the list several times?