[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Reply to Len, Todd, et al.

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Jun 5 06:27:12 EDT 2006

Len:
     Thank you for your thoughtful reply on the recent diatribe.  You are
reading on the current war.  And I look toward your referenced book because
you recommend it.
      My reading has been on the next situation, specifically nuclear
problems.  I have been reading on Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and atomic
subs, specifically the problems the Soviet Union had.  There is a real
problem coming up that affects the whole world because of the lethal and
long term effects of a nuclear explosion.
      Todd, try to appreciate where Brad is coming from.  The opinions and
rhetoric is hot and heavy from the 'Liberal National Media' representative
and his fellow travelers.  They flat out say there were no plans.  Len has
pointed out that there were plans albeit not adequately covering everything.
       Dave keeps saying 'sectarian violence' is civil war.  While I am
willing to concede that there may be some real sectarian violence, I ask how
much is really being done by thugs to make it appear that the general Iraq
population is in a civil war.  I ask the question, how much of the violence
is being done by the thug element to create an appearance of civil war.
fire?  There were constant problems to this day.  Maybe that is why we still
have a military presence there?
       The stated plan is to foster the development of an Iraqi government.
Ask why the current Iraqi government is unable to handle the situation.  Do
some simple fact gathering.  The previous regime was a dictatorship.  It was
in place for how many years?  Other than at their religious temples they had
little say or experience in governance.  They need assistance and training
on how to do things.  This cannot be accomplished in a day, month, or year,
but as in Japan, et al., it takes years.
       There are many looking at this problem who learned problem solving
from their televisions.  They have developed a television personality. If
you do not like the channel change the station.  Channel surfing is not
problem solving.
       This problem can be solved, but not by running away from it.  It
needs work, effort, investment and time.  We should keep working at it
because it is the right thing to do.  American should continue forward,
because it is in our self interest in thwarting thugs spewing violence to
control the world.  Remember the twin towers?

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA