[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How's It Going?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Jun 5 11:53:36 EDT 2006

Hmmm, don't recall ever saying there wasn't a plan. As a matter of fact, the constant assertion that there isn't/wasn't a plan was the point of my post.

While the wars in Iraq and WWII are definitely "apples and oranges", there are consistencies between them. There is nothing wrong with drawing the comparison between the two that in NEITHER case is there a "plan" that's revealed to the general public, or even most of the top government officials. The absence of that revelation does not indicate a lack of a plan.

Sorry if you think my posting is "BS" or that I was "bitching you out" about something. If you don't like what I have to say, I suggest you not read it, or not respond. Otherwise, I will feel free to continue to post when the mood strikes me.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> tnrhodey at hotmail.com 6/5/2006 9:50:35 am >>>
Herb,

Of course I read your question. Thanks for admitting that I am correct....
Iraq and World War II are apples and oranges. Using one to draw conclusions
about the other does not make much sense. You are the one that keeps wanting
to compare one to the other.

That being said I still think we had a plan(s) for post war Iraq. Just
because I don't know what the heck it is doesn't mean we didn't have one. I
do think the plan has gone to hell. Do you really think we went to war with
out a plan? And this is the side you are supporting? Too funny!

I like the way you try to quote my post and leave words out. Nice try but
that BS isn't going to fly. I said "almost" the whole world was with us
after WW II. Scroll down and re-read. I stand by that remark. Are you saying
something different? Yeah Russia has some issues but the fact is most of the
world was with us. Are you saying that the "most" of the world was not with
us? If so my respect for your intelligence just dropped a notch lower. You
actually are going to bitch about me not reading your post while at the same
time mis-quoting me? LOL!

Wally