[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How's It Going? Badly!

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Jun 5 17:39:34 EDT 2006

Robert, you may feel it's "not a war", but the "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002" (commonly called the Iraq War Resolution) was voted on by the majority of congress, and passed. The rest of the post is just more of the "I didn't get my way" spin that so many of the anti-war crowd is spinning these days.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> robert at squirrelhaven.com 6/5/2006 4:29:07 pm >>>
And much as I admire Abraham Lincoln, I must say that it's
not wartime any longer.

Bush announced some time ago "Mission accomplished."
This is what used to be called a "police action."

If you are referring to the "war on terror," I submit
that it is neither a war, nor directed at terror;
rather, it looks more like a convenient excuse to
increase the power of the executive branch and enrich
the supporters of the Republican regime, as Eisenhauer
warned us would be the case when military action
became profitable.

This is not a war in any form we have executed in
the past, and many of the pronouncements and best
advice from our past have a tenuous application to
the current situation.  It more closely resembles
the modus operandi outlined in "1984".