[Rhodes22-list] Wordiness?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Jun 5 22:18:23 EDT 2006

Ahem. I don't have to knock ANYTHING off. You posted that this wasn't a war, and declared that it looked like " a convenient excuse to increase the power of the executive branch and enrich the supporters of the Republican regime". I pointed out, correctly, that Congress voted to fund it (I'll now point out that said vote included folks from the "Democratic regime" as well), and gave the President authorization. That made it a war. I doubt that makes me a "bully". There was absolutely NO insult in it.

On the other hand, you posted with sarcasm, to which I responded politely. Now you tell me I must knock it off.

Sorry, simple or not Robert, you don't own the list, and you don't get to control what's posted by others.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

Herb Parsons wrote:
> It's a shame that some equate "wordiness" with thoughtfulness.
> Herb Parsons

Perhaps.  But clarity and completeness are the
substance of discourse.  Offhand insults and a
dismissive attitude are the tools of a bully.
Knock it off.  Is that simple enough, Herb?

/Robert Skinner