[Rhodes22-list] sailing and related subjects.

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 05:48:33 EDT 2006

In that spirit, here goes.  Brad

--------------You might be a sailing bum if:

 -- you think a Rhodes Scholar is someone who knows
all about a famous boat designer...
 -- any of your wedding gifts came from West Marine...

 -- you think girls look "hot" in wet weather gear...
 -- your doctor reports your injuries to Abuse
Authorities...
 -- you think rum is the official state drink..
 -- your best shoes are Topsiders...
 -- your car's hood ornament is the top off of a
sailing trophy...
 -- your idol is Jimmy Buffet...
 -- your halyards are brand new, but your belt has two
splices...
 -- you read Latitude 38 under the covers with a
flashlight...
 -- your underwear has a North Sails logo...
 -- your bar tab equals your paycheck...
 -- you have a beer can crusher mounted on your
mast...
 -- you use a marlin spike to break sunburn
blisters...
 -- you have at least one broken boat part in your car
at all times...
 -- you have a Mount Gay poster in your living room...

 -- you've ever traded a Dramamine for a beer...
 -- you have a Jell-O mold in the shape of a J/22...
 -- your vacation plans center around championship
regattas...
 -- you have to dress up to go to Wal-Mart..
 -- you think of duct tape as a long term investment..

 -- you've been involved in a fight over the last
chocolate chip cookie...
 -- you wear a sailing cap to church..
 -- people are afraid to touch your foul weather
gear...
 -- you think matching wet weather boots are an
acceptable wedding gift...
 -- you've ever written your resume on a bar napkin...

 -- your wind instruments cost $2,000, and you have a
bucket for a head...
 -- the local boat yard's phone number is number one
on your speed dialer...
 -- you'll marry a girl just to keep a good fore deck
person...