[Rhodes22-list] New R22 Owner!!

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 17:56:18 EDT 2006

OK folks, work with me here.  It has been a long time
since I raised the mast on a Rhodes22.  How about
taking Stan's basic system without the hand winch,
just a pole mounted block on the foredeck with a cable
connected to a 12V ATV winch (available at WalMart for
about $80).  Mount the winch on the tongue of the
trailer and power it off the tow vehicle. OR, you
could mount the winch ON the tow vehicle and eliminate
the trailer extension.  Let the trailer drop as far in
the water as you wanted via cable (after raising the
mast) and never worry about the depth of the water at
the launch ramp.  Forgive me if this is buried in the
archives. It would certainly be worth it to me to save
a backache.  You could easily make it remote control
as well. Anyone tried it?

Brad

http://www.nabble.com/New-R22-Owner%21%21-t1736303.html#a4742938