[Rhodes22-list] Luff Pad

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Jun 7 18:54:17 EDT 2006

And speaking of reefing, this year I added a luff pad to my somewhat blown
out 175 jenny.  You can see it along the leading edge of my jib.  It's
fatter and wider half way up and thinner and narrow at the top and bottom.
When you reef in, it takes up more of the belly of the sail and gives you a
flatter, better shaped sail when you're reefed in higher winds.  It works
great and I highly recommend it for the 175s.

Slim

DSC00529.JPG

DSC00531.JPG