[Rhodes22-list] Who went sailing this weekend?

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Mon Jun 12 13:08:16 EDT 2006

With a full moon out last Friday,and enough wind to move us along nicely,the Admiral and I had a lovely moonlight sail. Had a late supper and sailed from 9:00 to 10:30,then anchored out in the lee of a island.  I got to try out my LED deck light,as I snapped on the pop top enclosure. The light was more than I expected,it lit up the whole area forward of the mast , and most of the sides back to the cockpit.I'm on a small lake that is mostly pontoon and fishing boats ,so nobody is looking 30' in the air for a anchor light .I left the deck light on all night with the anchor light ,thinking it is cheap insurance .It only draws  0.06 amps, and the mast blocks any light that would bother me in the cabin.
I also tried out an air mattress on top of the factory cushions,seemed to relieve the pressure points of 220 lbs. resting on 3" of foam.For $20,it paid for itself already.

Jerry Lowe

PS.
Not quite up to Chris"s adventure,but I'm working my way up slowly.