[Rhodes22-list] Front Ports

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Mon Jun 12 20:03:55 EDT 2006

The canvas on our front ports doesn't do a great job of keeping out water
either. We always have to remember to check to see if they are dry before
opening but we really appreciate the extra ventilation down below. We have
a rubbermaid dishpan that we keep under the hinged seat in front of the
v-berth (semi-enclosed head configuration) and use it like Rummy uses his
bucket. We never have ports open underway - not even the pop-top. Too many
big powerboat wakes on the bay. You never know when you are going to take
water across the bow or worse.

Mary Lou
1991 R 22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD / Ft. Washington, PA (38 days and counting, though I'll still
be working here)