[Rhodes22-list] Solar Panels

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Jun 13 14:48:29 EDT 2006

Bud,

On a typical night sail, the nav lights are on for 3-5 hours and occasional
use of cabin lights.  We mostly use candles for light when at anchor and we
use a kerosene lantern for the anchor light.  We might go out at night once
in a week or up to three times a week.

Listening to myself, this is sounding like pretty minimal need.

Slim

On 6/13/06 6:46 AM, "budconnor at earthlink.net" <budconnor at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Slim,
> the next question is ... how many hours per week do you leave each device
> turned on.
> Though it is beginning to look like your solar charging needs are going to be
> minimal.
>
> -Bud

>>> if you've got a generator on your OB, that might suffice to charge  your