[Rhodes22-list] Tools and Supplies

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 17 15:36:17 EDT 2006

Elly,

I would try the end after you make sure the topping lift is well secured, but keep the boom from swinging out too far.  In retrieving Fido, you would be on the same side as the boom, so you wouldn't want to tilt to dog (TTD) any more than you have to.  If you did, and fell overboard yourself (EOB), you have many new options to ponder, none especially positive (NEP).

That said, I think we should all join Rummy at Hartwell and drink up his rum...

BTW, you could use a boom vang rig, or simply use the main sheet rig for your pulleys, just detach from the traveler and keep the boom end attached.  I'm sure that Stan, fearless leader and sage, designed it all this way considering DOB situations like yours.  Isn't he wonderful?

Here's to Fido,

Art