[Rhodes22-list] CDI furler stay length is different

Ellner ellner at pressenter.com
Mon Jun 19 21:58:18 EDT 2006

I just bought a new main and 150 genoa and CDI furler from GB.

My new front stay measures 340" from pin to pin, with the turnbuckle set
midpoint  adjustment. When I removed the origninal stay with the GB 1987
vintage furler the stay measured 335". No turnbuckle. There is a adjustable
piece at the top of the mast with holes, maybe 1" apart. I may be able to
remove that piece and make up the difference. I'll have to take a second
look. Do any of you with a newer front stay for a CDI. know the
measurement. Four inches seems a lot of differce. Removing the top
adjustment piece might be the answer. ( have you ever noticed when someone
asks a question the answer is pretty well already known?) I am just looking
for a second opinion.

Thanks
Rod