[Rhodes22-list] Was Arrrgh, now is Rhodes sub-forums

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 23 07:32:11 EDT 2006

Dave,
  wow - a lot of good feedback.  Yes, there should be more sub-forums,
the question is
how to organize them without it becoming too cluttered or too hard to
navigate and search.
I suggest a hierarchical structure, where you have general categories at
the top level,
then more specific topics as you drill down.  This is possible because
sub-forums can have
their own sub-forums.  The key is to make it straight forward and
simple.  Not too many
categories and not too few, all well organized.   At this point I would
appeal to someone
like Bill Effros who has organized writing skills and more sailing
knowledge to suggest
a second cut at a topic organization.  Though, I will take a look at
msog.org  to see how
they do it.

On cost, I would wait to see what Michael knows about nabble and how
they handle
storage allotment.  Nabble is free, but I don't know if they have
storage limits.

I sent a message testing the "Rigging" sub-forum.  I would like to see
if there
is a way to have the sub-forum name in the subject line so that you could
quickly see if the posting is of interest to you.  Need to check on that...

-Bud