[Rhodes22-list] Help for Stan???

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Sat Jun 24 13:05:04 EDT 2006

Thanks Ed,

Just wanted to get the facts right since a concern about the facts seemed to
be blurring the logic of  the solution to my "Lament" presentation.

What is wrong with slack in stays that are off duty on that tack - it is
just the nature of the beast - it is also a good opportunity to take out
excessive slack by hand.  I like to point out to my crew that when they are
gluing or screwing two parts together and using a clamp to hold the work,
they should not tighten clamps beyond the point of doing what they wanted
the clamps to do in the first place.  I am not interested in their showing
me how strong they are by fracturing the parts with over clamping.  If I
can't get through with a verbal explanation I ask the laggard to raise one
foot slightly above the floor so I can show the volunteer foot the effort
required just to bring it back in contact with the floor - once this weight
does its job of getting the foot back to the floor level and I announce
mission accomplished, I apply additional pressure until they hear the
cracking of bones.  They get the point but we end up with a lot of limping
workers.  That will teach you to get me involved in these logical
discussions.

stan/gbi