[Rhodes22-list] Problem shrouds = location of answer for David

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 09:25:00 EDT 2006

Bill,

Tunig your rig is in no way like slamming a single car door. Your car doors
are independent. It would be like slamming all 4 car doors using equal
force.

Did you read Roger's post in the FAQ. He goes through his process and
answers most of your questions. I have no idea if he is right.

Many on this list complain they can't point high into the wind. I am of the
opinion that most of these people have boats way out of tune. I also think
the GB furler doesn't allow you to tighten jib luff properly compounding the
situation.

You know I like to keep it simple but if you don't have experience having a
way to measure is helpful. Brad uses an example of experienced mechanic not
using torque wrench. I wonder if he would wants all the guys to go through
training never using a torque wrench. If you don't have a point of reference
(experience helps!) you are just maKing a wild guess.

Wally