[Rhodes22-list] This Is Not A Waste Of Your Time

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Jun 26 01:11:49 EDT 2006

Herb,

That was my meaning.  Of course the hurricane hit, but most people would
have recovered from that over time

There are thousands of houses still standing that look not so different
from the way they looked before the flooding except that they are
rotting away from the inside.  New Orleans was always notorious for its
lack of infrastructure, but the lack of electricity in whole swaths of
the city, 9 months after the hurricane hit is unimaginable.  Traffic
lights were still out.   Whole sections of town go totally dark at night.

Also, flood damage of biblical proportions in an urban area has a
different look from the hurricane damage.  You can see that huge objects
simply floated into and onto each other at heights that don't seem possible.

I've seen hurricanes and tornadoes, and I know how people can dig their
way out and rebuild.  This is different.

Bill Effros