[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 13:29:42 EDT 2006

All,

  I was not trying to defend ilegal aliens, but just pointing my experience while translating during the tax season.

  Yes, there all kind of people everywhere we go. But  that is what makes life interesting. We would be bored if we would not have challenges in life.

  I guess we could try to filter out the bad guys and the leeches that bleed our system. Maybe we could just trade our own american bad guys and leeches for the good guys from abroad.

  Do not let anybody in who does not sail or drink rum. Let's kick all non sailors out of the country.

  I can't think about this anymore. I'm grabbing my bottle of rum and I'm going out for a sail.

  Luis

  DCLewis1 at aol.com wrote:

Luis, PT, & Brad,

This is interesting. Seems to me that if the IRS has issued an ITIN for
legal and illegal aliens, and the govt also has a summary of green cards/work
permits/whatever they should be able to identify illegals pretty easily. I
wonder what the problem is? Or maybe, as PT suggests, the govt really doesn’t
care - just send $.

Re Brad’s dreams: I think I understand what he’s trying to convey. These
guys are reported to be very hard working and conscientious. I’ve met some
and they seem like good people. But there’s another side to the problem that
he may not have observed. Some years ago my wife and I were foster parents
for several years, as a foster parent you take kids into your house until the
adult parents can get their lives squared away. Over a period of time you see
a number of “families” and kids. We’ve encountered what I’m sure are
illegal aliens - ladies (kids are invariably tied to the women) who came north
because there are better social services and physical infrastructure (e.g.
indoor plumbing) and a government that will not ask questions. The ladies
relating to foster care may have a variety of children - I’m told that large
families are a cultural thing. Some may work at regular jobs, but the ones we know
don’t, they subsist on the shadow economy or mooch off one of the hard
working guys Brad dreams about, or both. To an overwhelming extent, they subsist
on the illegal cash economy PT refers to. These ladies, and especially their
numerous children, are a substantial burden (i.e. cost) to the social
infrastructure. For example, as I recall, in Washington it costs about
$12k/yr/student to support the public schools - we know one lady with 5 kids and has
not held a regular job as long as we've known her; there’s no way at all that
lady makes any meaningful contribution to the support the education of her
kids - or anything else. I really doubt the ones I know of have ever paid any
taxes, all their work is in the shadow economy (i.e. selling bottled water on
street corners - turns out you can make a lot of money doing that in
Washington). The social services burden (schools, medical care, low income housing,
police, etc) didn’t appear in Brad’s dreams, but I think that’s what’s
driving the reaction to illegal immigration along the border and in Calif.

One other insight: the prime driver to admitting illegals appears to me that
they are willing to work very hard and conscientiously at jobs many
Americans disdain. Basically, they are good people and they want to be here. But it’
s important to understand that admitting these people, especially the women,
has long term consequences ; they will have families (large families) and
the children may, or may not, be nearly as motivated as the parent. What I've
seen is the children of dysfunctional families, really matriarchies,
fitting right into the underclass culture that disdains any hard work and/or
educational achievement. This is going to drive a geometric demand for even more
social services From my perspective, this is not a happy prospect.

Dave