[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Video on the Net

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.us
Wed Jun 28 00:11:44 EDT 2006

Ever wonder what you look like to other boats sailing your Rhodes?  This is
a link to a .wmv file that a friend of mine made on my first sail of the
Rhodes 22.   He is a sailing instructor on Lake LBJ and owns
sailingtexas.com.  When I am around, I usually try and get out in my
sailboat (now a Rhodes) and do a little sailing with he and his students.
He likes to expose them to sailing in close proximity to other boats,
right-of-way rules, how to control speed to stay with another boat, etc.  So
we meet up and they end up harassing me most of the time-but all in good
fun!   The video was taken from a Flying Scot with a Portsmouth of about
89.0, so at 100 for the Rhodes we need not be embarrassed getting passed or
being forced too close to the wind.  You can tell we didn't have a whole lot
of wind that day-probably 7 or 8 knots.  I have all the sails out, the cars
all the way forward in the tracks and she is sailing nicely on her lines.

http://sailingtexas.com/Movies/Rhodes22c/srhodes22c2.html

It is 14 MB big, so broadband is highly recommended.

David