[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 28 02:53:58 EDT 2006

Bill,

I think you and I are in violent agreement when it comes to the working
illegals that pay taxes and take jobs that no American wants.   For  example, the
illegal aliens I’ve observed in northern  Virginia work mostly in skilled or
unskilled manual labor, but I don’t see  many Americans, especially young
Americans, interested in any type of manual  labor; so if no American will take the
job, and it has to be done, I think the  illegals are doing us a favor.  They
are reported to be great  workers.

Now if illegal immigration started to impact higher skilled jobs, I might
react differently, but I haven't seen that happen yet.   On the other  hand I
don't really track employment patterns, it might have happened.

As to the contributions illegal aliens that pay taxes make to Soc Security,
you are doubtless correct they are an asset.   But how about  the  debits to
their accounts for public schools, aid to dependent children, indigent  medical
care, low cost housing, additional policing,......?  On balance, I  don’t
think it’s even close, as a group these people are poorly paid and live  poorly,
net is a huge minus just on the costs of public schools.   Yes  the feds make
out with Soc Security, but state and local governments get taken  to the
cleaners on social service costs - which is why state and local  governments are
screaming at the federal government to do something about  illegal immigration,
and which is probably why the feds have been, and will  probably continue to
be, so feckless with enforcement.

Where we may disagree is regarding the illegals who are riding the social
services infrastructure and not paying taxes at all, to include Soc  Security.
You insist that's not the case with people working on your  house, and Brad
may not dream about them, but believe me, they are  here.  If you go to a street
corner in WDC you will find them selling  mangoes, water, whatever; on their
own behalf, many are maids, many are day  laborers and don’t pay taxes and
taxes aren’t paid on their behalf - Brad may  have heard of this category of
illegal alien even if he's never employed  one.  These people, and their children,
are really killing the social  services budgets.  My prior post gave an
example.  They will tell you  they came to this country for a better life - and
they're right.  I will  tell you they came to this country for a better life at
your and my expense -  and I'll be right.  This category of illegal alien does
not pay taxes  - at all.  They don't want to pay taxes, they'd rather keep the
 nominal amount of $ they earn and let you and I pay for their social support
 services.  It may sound heartless, but I think these people absolutely have
to pay taxes, they cannot expect to just ride our social services
infrastructure  - which is what they’re doing.  If they don’t pay taxes they should be
deported except as services can be denied (and generally, I don't think
services can be denied).

One legislative change that would facilitate the deport option would  be to
get rid of the law that makes anyone born in the US a US citizen whether  or
not the parent(s) were US citizens - change that law and you could deport  whole
"families" - that would be a start.  Correlate tax filings with  school
enrollments, medical admissions, food stamps, etc, to identify who  was using
social services without paying taxes - that would be another  start.  (Note: this
doesn't mean everyone who doesn't pay some tax and uses  social services is
deported, it just provides a finite starting list for  motivated inquiring
minds.)  Insisting that churches and charitable  organizations that provide support
for illegal aliens for a finite amount of  time, and then dump them on local
governments, continue their support  indefinitely as needed would be another
start.

I think the task of identifying free loading illegals is very doable, but
that the federal government really doesn't want to take it on.  The  feds aren't
serious about this and never have been.  The feds will tell you  they just
can't find an estimated 11 million illegal aliens, but your  safe because they
are locked on and tracking 8 terrorists from Miami; it's all  about their
priorities, if they wanted to find illegal aliens they  could.

JMO.

Dave