[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Jun 28 09:11:16 EDT 2006

"The right wing anti-free loading people on the list ask the question
"What makes it OK for anyone to free load on the system--whether they
are "citizens" or not?"  "

You know Bill, I've been watching this conversation, and I haven't seen ANY "right wing anti-free loading people" on the list ask that question. Are you sure you're not allowing some of your own pre-conceived ideas seep in a little?

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> bill at effros.com 6/28/2006 7:26:27 am >>>
Complicated, huh, Dave?

I don't think it's possible to untangle the cost/benefit ratio except to
the extent that the powers that be feel we come out ahead by winking at
what's going on.

I hope there's an amnesty clause in your born in the USA, not a citizen
amendment.  My mother was born in the USA during WWI while my Dutch
Grandparents were running a business here.  That made her a US citizen,
and that's the only reason she survived WWII.  As a citizen she could
just enter the country without waiting for "papers".  Both of my Aunts
and my Grandfather were killed during the war because they were not born
in the USA.

So what about me?  Do I lose my US citizenship because my mother
shouldn't have had it either?

What about your kids?  Where does their US citizenship come from if not
from born in the USA.  How far back can you provide paperwork proving
your family (on both sides) complied with laws you want to change
entitling them to US citizenship?

When we ran a factory, the only people who could provide the required
"papers" were the people we knew were illegal.  But the law required us
to accept the clearly forged "papers" they provided and to reject people
we knew were born in the USA of parents born in the USA because those
people had no access to the required paperwork.

It's really a tricky business.

The right wing anti-free loading people on the list ask the question
"What makes it OK for anyone to free load on the system--whether they
are "citizens" or not?"  How do you answer this?

Bill Effros