[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your CODB for personal monetary gains

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:03:53 EDT 2006

Warren,

The issue for us is not cheap labor, it is labor period.  They are there and
willing to work.  You don't see locals lined up at Home Depot at five am
looking for a job.  We pay the prevailing labor wage, now $15 per hour,
because they demand it.  My brother, who is the real brains of the company,
is used to working in a union environment.  In Illinois, unskilled labor
gets $30 per hour plus benefits.  No problem, you just build the cost into
the job and pass it on to the customer.  No doubt there are some abusing
employers out there, but any one with half a brain for business treats their
employees well, legal or not.  We operate on the Louis Haslett principle (my
father), don't ask a man to do something you wouldn't do yourself.  We just
hired another full time local and are always on the lookout for more who
show on time, sober, and are not looking for a workmans comp injury.  You
wouldn't believe how difficult finding a good empoyee can be.

Brad