[Rhodes22-list] Auto Gas Tank Vents

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 28 11:50:46 EDT 2006

Bill,

There is a one way valve in the vent system. Let's air in but not out. This is why, many times there is pressure in the tank when you open the cap. Having a little pressure in the tank keeps the evaporation to a minimum. Many carrs used to have a filter on the vent line that somehow trapped the gas vapor and supposedly put it back into the fuel system. I don't really know how this worked or if they still do it that way.

Rik