[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your CODB for personal monetary gains

3drecon at comcast.net 3drecon at comcast.net
Thu Jun 29 02:30:21 EDT 2006

As you businessmen know, a major part of the cost of doing business is the interference of government in the contract between the employer and employee.  Other than necessary safety rules, government should stay out of that contract.  They drive up prices, drive businesses out of states or the country as a whole and gum up the system.  Unions lobbied the feds for years for "benefits".  Now that most of those benefits are laws, the people don't want to join unions and pay them for benefits that are mandated by law, and the unions whine (I am a 28 year union member so I am not anti-union).
Maryland is currently doing their best to destroy Walmart.  The idea that a company has to "give back" to the community is nonsense.  You pay for a product or service (like a Rhodes 22) and you get the product or service.  The only other obligations the company should have is to pay the prevailing wage (which is whatever the market will bear) pay their taxes and clean up after themselves (enter the government).  If there are benefits to be had, then it should be a part of the collective bargaining process or the competition for labor.  Some regulation is necessary to prevent environmental dumping, inherently unsafe products (this has been carried too far too) or products that do what they are supposed to do etc.  Otherwise the government needs to step out and do what the Constitution allows.  That goes for the States too.  However; if the feds follow the Constitution and don't interfere, the States can do what they want.  If they go too far, the citizens can vote their will there o
r as one President put it, "vote with their feet".

Philip

From: "stan" <stan at rhodes22.com>