[Rhodes22-list] Bus stop test (Humor)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 08:51:33 EDT 2006

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild,  stormy night when
you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting  for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to  die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming  about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing  that there
could
only be one passenger in your car? Think before you  continue
reading.......

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually  used as part
of a
job application!

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to  die, and thus
you should save her first.

Or you could take the old friend because he once saved  your life, and
this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.
However, you may never again be able to find your  perfect mate.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had  no trouble
coming up with his answer. He simply stated: "I would  give the car
keys
to my
old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I  would stay
behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my  dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our  stubborn thought
limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the  Box."

HOWEVER...

The correct answer is to run the old lady over and put  her out of her
misery, have sex with the perfect partner on the hood  of the car,
then drive off with the old friend for a few  beers.

God, I just love happy endings.