[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your CODB for personal monetary gains

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 19:27:21 EDT 2006

Rik,

Here is the 90 second version.

Brad

-----------------------

For twelve years you've been asking "Who is John Galt?" This is John Galt
speaking. I'm the man who's taken away your victims and thus destroyed your
world. You've heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis and that
Man's sins are destroying the world. But your chief virtue has been
sacrifice, and you've demanded more sacrifices at every disaster. You've
sacrificed justice to mercy and happiness to duty. So why should you be
afraid of the world around you?

Your world is only the product of your sacrifices. While you were dragging
the men who made your happiness possible to your sacrificial altars, I beat
you to it. I reached them first and told them about the game you were
playing and where it would take them. I explained the consequences of your
'brother-love' morality, which they had been too innocently generous to
understand. You won't find them now, when you need them more than ever.

We're on strike against your creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded
duties. If you want to know how I made them quit, I told them exactly what
I'm telling you tonight. I taught them the morality of Reason -- that it was
right to pursue one's own happiness as one's principal goal in life. I don't
consider the pleasure of others my goal in life, nor do I consider my
pleasure the goal of anyone else's life.

I am a trader. I earn what I get in trade for what I produce. I ask for
nothing more or nothing less than what I earn. That is justice. I don't
force anyone to trade with me; I only trade for mutual benefit. Force is the
great evil that has no place in a rational world. One may never force
another human to act against his/her judgment. If you deny a man's right to
Reason, you must also deny your right to your own judgment. Yet you have
allowed your world to be run by means of force, by men who claim that fear
and joy are equal incentives, but that fear and force are more practical.

You've allowed such men to occupy positions of power in your world by
preaching that all men are evil from the moment they're born. When men
believe this, they see nothing wrong in acting in any way they please. The
name of this absurdity is 'original sin'. That's inmpossible. That which is
outside the possibility of choice is also outside the province of morality.
To call sin that which is outside man's choice is a mockery of justice. To
say that men are born with a free will but with a tendency toward evil is
ridiculous. If the tendency is one of choice, it doesn't come at birth. If
it is not a tendency of choice, then man's will is not free.

And then there's your 'brother-love' morality. Why is it moral to serve
others, but not yourself? If enjoyment is a value, why is it moral when
experienced by others, but not by you? Why is it immoral to produce
something of value and keep it for yourself, when it is moral for others who
haven't earned it to accept it? If it's virtuous to give, isn't it then
selfish to take?

Your acceptance of the code of selflessness has made you fear the man who
has a dollar less than you because it makes you feel that that dollar is
rightfully his. You hate the man with a dollar more than you because the
dollar he's keeping is rightfully yours. Your code has made it impossible to
know when to give and when to grab.

You know that you can't give away everything and starve yourself. You've
forced yourselves to live with undeserved, irrational guilt. Is it ever
proper to help another man? No, if he demands it as his right or as a duty
that you owe him. Yes, if it's your own free choice based on your judgment
of the value of that person and his struggle. This country wasn't built by
men who sought handouts. In its brilliant youth, this country showed the
rest of the world what greatness was possible to Man and what happiness is
possible on Earth.

Then it began apologizing for its greatness and began giving away its
wealth, feeling guilty for having produced more than ikts neighbors. Twelve
years ago, I saw what was wrong with the world and where the battle for Life
had to be fought. I saw that the enemy was an inverted morality and that my
acceptance of that morality was its only power. I was the first of the men
who refused to give up the pursuit of his own happiness in order to serve
others.

To those of you who retain some remnant of dignity and the will to live your
lives for yourselves, you have the chance to make the same choice. Examine
your values and understand that you must choose one side or the other. Any
compromise between good and evil only hurts the good and helps the evil.

If you've understood what I've said, stop supporting your destroyers. Don't
accept their philosophy. Your destroyers hold you by means of your
endurance, your generosity, your innocence, and your love. Don't exhaust
yourself to help build the kind of world that you see around you now. In the
name of the best within you, don't sacrifice the world to those who will
take away your happiness for it.

*The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:
I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of
another man,
nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.*