[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 21:18:24 EDT 2006

Brad,

I have a lot of sympathy for Stan and other employers regarding  their need
for illegals. However, because Stan and other legitimate  employers pay taxes
on their businesses and for their  employees they aren't the problem.

Re "the problem": There may be a market for illegal labor out there that I
don't see, but the large market I do see daily is apparently- Hispanic  people
gathering in a large parking lot in the morning waiting for  people, commonly
people in conversion vans or pickups,  to drive by and  offer them work for
the day (or something, I see them get in a van or  truck).  The landscaping
business just across the street from the parking  lot is a big draw also.   I'm
not there when they are paid, but I  assume they are paid cash at the end of the
day. As near as I can tell,  it's the same crowd every day.   As I drive
further down the  road I observe Hispanic guys doing hard physical labor.  I put
the two together.

I don't think this is primarily a citizen problem because, as has been been
pointed out, it's hard to get your garden variety young US citizens  to put in
that type of hard days manual work.  I think it's the  illegals,  I could be
wrong, I don't stop at the parking lot to check  visas.  I don't think these
guys are volunteering taxes - I could be  wrong.  I know they have kids in
school because I've seen the number of  hispanic children in the school system and
watched it grow, and I have to  believe they use emergency rooms, etc; so
clearly these guys (and  gals) are using the social support systems that we pay
for with our  taxes.

Are there US citizens riding the same social services system without  paying
for it?  You bet.  The difference is that the US citizens  don't work at hard
manual jobs - they feel "entitled".  If  you give the illegals amnesty, their
children will feel "entitled"  to.

It seems to me that because the 2 groups have totally different work ethics
and entitlements the solutions to the social services problem they  present
may be much different.  Basically, the lazy undisciplined  citizens that are
entitled to be here have to get to work.  The best thing  that could happen to
that group would be 2 years in the Army, or a little  hunger, or both - I think
it's called welfare reform.  But basically,  because they do have status as
citizens, they are entitled to social services  support.  The illegals, on the
other hand, really have no right to be  here, and if they aren't fully
contributing to the systems needed to support  them through taxes the employer pays
and taxes they pay I think they should  leave.

JMO.

If the approach outlined above were implemented it would be a strong
inducement for employers to get these guys on the payroll and pay taxes on their
behalf as a way of keeping them available. You wouldn't have to get up at  4:30
in the morning to track down your favorite worker, he's signed on with you  to
work every day, if he doesn't sign on with somebody he's outta here, your job
is to put him to work.   Also, I think the job stability and benefits  that
would flow to the illegals from this would be a blessing for most of  them.  It
would be a win-win situation.

I think the system to accomplish the schema outlined above exists  today.  I
believe you can make an illegal legal by sponsoring him  for a green card -
I've never done it, but I know it's done.    Currently your illegal may not feel
the pressure to sign on, and you may not  feel the pressure to sign him up,
but if there were an  effective outta-here card to be played, you and the
worker might  change your mind - if you were serious.  The key then, that benefits
everybody,  is an effective outta-here card, all the rest is in  place.

Again, JMO.

Dave