[Rhodes22-list] Pat Maundrell - another question???

molly p. maundrell pmaundrell at cinci.rr.com
Sun Mar 5 16:07:33 EST 2006

 I am new to sailing and only know Rhodes boat by reputation, which of
course is very good.

I am looking for a traileable sailboat with a nice size cabin, in the 19-24
foot range. During my search, which I  also used to educating myself on what
features/style and design I liked, I soon realized what turned me on. That
being a boat which character and charm! I was surprised to learn how hard it
is to find these characteristics on most boat, especially the newer models.
I When I found the Rhodes 22 boat on e bay, I thought it might be an
opportunity to have one of these classics. However, when I reviewed the
overall condition, (which I estimated to be a 3, on a 1-10 scale) , I
realized that the boat was going to need more work and dollars than it was
probably worth. It is for this reason that I decided not to go ahead and bid
on this boat. The guy I talk to a the marina was very helpful and honest in
telling me all he knew about the boat.

Since this is my wife's e mail, and I am taking up to much space with all
the info I receive from various boat inquires, I must limit my sources.
Although I enjoy reading all your comments, I must ask to me removed from
your list.

Thanks Pat