[Rhodes22-list] Dave - Upstate South Carolin Health Facilities

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Mar 5 20:49:45 EST 2006

Dave:
	Upstate South Carolina is not exactly back woods.  I could go into
the companies located between Anderson, Greenville and Spartanburg, called
the I-85 corridor.
	Medical facilities are uptodate and quite aggressive in being
recognized as top of line facilities.  You can study the three major
hospital conglomerations in the upstate and see their working relationships
with other nationally recognized health care institutions.
	Let me start with what we call the Greenville Hospital System with
its main campus called Greenville Memorial.  It has other campuses called
North Greenville, Patewood, Allen Bennett in Greer, and Hillcrest in
Simpsonville.  Read about it at:  http://www.ghs.org/ and note the upper
left corner of their home page.
	Then there is Rummy's group of facilities that serve Anderson and
Hartwell, Ga.  See: http://www.anmed.com/ .  To the east is Spartanburg
Regional: http://www.srhs.com/
	Understand this does not include smaller county systems in the
metropolitan area such as Cannon in Pickens, Oconee in Seneca, Laurens
between Laurens and Clinton, Self Memorial in Greenwood.  Then come the
private and charitable hospitals such as my employer:
http://www.stfrancishealth.com/ in Greenville, Mary Black Hospital in
Spartanburg and Easley Baptist.
	Naturally this list did not include county health departments, free
clinics and the enterprising doctors facilities that in some cases are
little hospitals.
  	Health care you said?  Well I spent years working with a group of
local oncologist who I know are able to give cancer care that is equal or
better than the best in any other part of the country.  In fact they often
share studies and treatments with the best in the world.
	If you want me to go on in this discussion, I am knowledgeable in
comparing local facilities with several other major American cities, Canada,
England and Ukraine.  The Doctor who lives across the street works in the
Emergency Department of GMH.  The Doctor whose backyard abuts mine is a
nationally recognized endocrinologist.  If you want me to go down the street
and around the block, there are more.
	I suspect that the local health care facilities compare with or are
better than 98% of the other places that you might consider.  And you would
have to include Duke in North Carolina and Anderson in Dallas, Texas.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA